***Apologies for cross posting***

Dear colleague,

REACH (REsearching Experience and ACHievement of Black and Minority Ethnic students)

Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln

The Higher Education Academy and Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln would like to invite you to the above research seminar, which is part of Research Seminar Series 2009: Access and Success for All.  Details of the Series are available at: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/ourwork/learning/national_research_seminar

Details of the above seminar including abstract, speakers and bookings are available at: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/detail/RSS_BishopGrosseteste_150909

I have attached a publicity poster for ease of circulation.  For accessibility, the text of the poster is included in this email below.

Academy Image

Research Seminar Series 2009:

Access and Success for All

REACH (Researching Experience and ACHievement of Black and Minority Ethnic students)

Seminar Room 1, Robert Hardy Building, Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln

Tuesday 15 September, 1pm – 4pm

From 1pm: Registration, lunch and networking

2pm: Welcome and introduction to the REACH project

Joy Clews, Vice Principal (External Affairs)

2.10pm: Understanding the cultural challenges and conflicts faced by students from minority groups at BG.  Presentation of case study accounts and BG’s practical response to the research findings

Claire Taylor, Head of Learning and Teaching

Phil Davis, Head of Student Support

2.50pm: Tea

3.10pm: Discussion around the issues pertinent to Black and Minority Ethnic students in a small HEI such as BG and the potential applications of the case study findings to other institutions

3.45pm: Plenary

Bookings: Please email bookings to Emma Brice

In association with Action on Access logo small     ecu-logo

30 places available on a first-come, first-served basis.

30 free places are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To book a place, please email Emma Brice at mailto:[log in to unmask] directly.

Regards,

Samantha

On behalf of the Inclusion Team

Tel. +44 (0) 1904 717500

Fax. +44 (0) 1904 717505

Email: [log in to unmask]

The Higher Education Academy

Innovation Way

York Science Park

Heslington

York

YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131