Dear Colleagues:

This is a “hold the date” announcement for the 2011 Walter Scott Conference.  Apologies for cross-postings—I don’t want to miss anybody!

Caroline McCracken-Flesher
------------------------------------

Walter Scott 2011
An International Conference

WALTER SCOTT: SHERIFF AND OUTLAW

5-9 July, Laramie Wyoming

Scott was a lawyer, friend to the great, and literary authority, yet he became so by breaking all the rules. Walter Scott: Sheriff and Outlaw encourages new understanding of Scott’s innovations, and his contribution to literary and other fields up to the present day.

The conference will offer sessions, plenaries, workshops, roundtables, advice from journal editors, and a trip to see the west Walter Scott has made. It will coincide with Laramie’s Jubilee Days, when cowboys ride herd through town and the rodeo lets rip.

COWBOY UP! SIR WALTER!

----
Our conference web page will go active before December 31 2009.
In the meantime, contact Caroline McCracken-Flesher for details: [log in to unmask]
--
Caroline McCracken-Flesher
Department of English, 3353

call:   (307) 766-5113 office