  _____

[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Taylor
Sent: 13 August 2009 14:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mapping Emails to Shared Drives

Afternoon all,

I am hoping someone can answer this question for me pretty quickly.

We are currently drag and dropping our emails in Outlook into structured
shared drives (Windows fileshare to be precise) and the default is set to a
.msg file format.
This is a temporary and necessary solution for a particular area of work and
is a one off exercise. However, the owners of the area of work we are batch
migrating are insistant and have a genuine business justification for
wanting to preserve the RECEIVED and SENT dates that are automatically
assigned in Oulook.

In Windows, you can right click the tab bar at the top of the scroll bar to
modify the columns that are visible as useful temporary metadata tabs, and
these include Date modified, Date Accessed and Date Created once checked -
however, it does not provide the email received and sent date, as these are
embedded into the .msg attachment.

Does anybody know a quick solution to be able to extract these dates and
search through them in Windows? If VBA or an external company is required or
any form of cost, pls inform me as we may have to go down that route as
well.

Thanks

Richard Taylor

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the author’s addressee
only. If you are

not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure,
copying or any

other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

Any views expressed are those of the individual sender and not of the UKDMO
unless

otherwise stated. Any information included is indicative and is not an
offer,

recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell, nor is it in anyway an
official

confirmation of terms.

The UKDMO’s computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on
them recorded,

to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful
purposes.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure
Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership
with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi
this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For
any content based queries, please email