Add to the list the Odyssey. Couldn't be less linear.

Onthe real-time telling of folktales, as opposed to liteary redactions, see Cinderella: A Casebook (I don't remember the pub details, and I'm away from home with limited computer time). There's an account of what really happens in the telling of the tale, recorded in a farming community in Italy--all the interruptions, comments, corrections, etc, which anyone who's ever told a story to a child will recognize.

Mark