I was wondering if anyone has experience with Arch Linux and the rolling
upgrade system? One of the time consuming things for both Ubuntu and
Fedora is each distro upgrade is best done as a clean install and as
such involving a lot of configuration and so forth.

The other advantage of Arch is the ability to build from source without
going the Gentoo route which for important applications seems to be a
better build then the binaries (possibly due to C Flag type things
better suited to my hardware on my builds.) Ubuntu and Arch seem to be
the Linux distros most favoured by art-type users such as myself and so
I am considering the switch, given Ubuntu is known for taking quite a
bit of set-up work after each upgrade.

Anyways, comments welcome and best wishes, Chris Jones.

PS, the BSD init scripts should suit my hardware and I don't have enough
spare time required for Vista.)