	  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
Dear Viveka

	I graduated in Industrial Design and in Sociology (2 Master's). And
I found the nexus arising from users (not only end-users),
interacting with artifacts, in any given context, as probably the
most suitable research field for those designers who are not
draughtspersons.

	Regards
 François
 Montreal
 Ph.&Fax: 514 737 8300
 On Fri 21/08/09 1:54 AM , Viveka Turnbull Hocking [log in to unmask]
sent:
  Hi Gunner and all
 I was interested in your: "From my perspective, the social
science/design
 border is where it's easy to make a case for "design research"
belonging
 with applied/professional design."
 Would you (or others) like to comment further on the social science
- design
 intersection, or where design research could be located in relation
to the
 wider social research area/agenda?
 I'm interested in considering what design research could be like if
we moved
 past the artifact, i.e. if our focus was not on generating artifacts
from
 the research, in terms of more traditional notions of designed
objects...
 but instead develop 'design proposals' (as Cross calls design
outcomes) for
 social research.
 As Jacques Giard suggests please forgive any curly words I may have
 unintentionally included
 Best Wishes from the Snowies
 v.
 --