I understand your point Gunnar. Bigg's advises in an accompanying
paragraph that we should not take these percentages too literally, but
states  'the messages are clear, simple and basically right'. On what
grounds he makes this comment, I'm not sure. I guess we have to decide
on whether his decision to feature this table is something we trust
and find useful in certain contexts. To a first year undergraduate, it
might be appropriate as it stands. Perhaps a postgrad student will
want to look further into it. In both cases I have used it as a prompt
and useful model.
Robert.

Robert Harland    Lecturer    Loughborough University    School of Art
and Design    +44 (0)1509 228980    [log in to unmask]
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ac/mainpages/Research/staffpages/harland/harland.htm