Hi Gunner and all

I was interested in your: "From my perspective, the social science/design
border is where it's easy to make a case for "design research" belonging
with applied/professional design."

Would you (or others) like to comment further on the social science - design
intersection, or where design research could be located in relation to the
wider social research area/agenda?

I'm interested in considering what design research could be like if we moved
past the artifact, i.e. if our focus was not on generating artifacts from
the research, in terms of more traditional notions of designed objects...
but instead develop 'design proposals' (as Cross calls design outcomes) for
social research.

As Jacques Giard  suggests please forgive any curly words I may have
unintentionally included

Best Wishes from the Snowies
v.

--