Dear List,

As we enter the final proofing stages of the MIT book, my thoughts turn
to how useful a resource this below is!

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date: 31 July 2009 18:23:36 BST
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Networked: a (networked_book) about (networked_art) is LIVE!
>
> !!!!! PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD !!!!!
>
> WE INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE
>  comment, revise, translate, submit a chapter
> http://networkedbook.org
>
> Two years in the making, Networked: a (networked_book) about
> (networked_art) is now open for comments, revisions, and translations.
> You may also submit a chapter for consideration.
>
> Please register and then Read | Write:
>
> THE IMMEDIATED NOW: NETWORK CULTURE AND THE POETICS OF REALITY
> Kazys Varnelis
> http://varnelis.networkedbook.org
>
> LIFETRACING: THE TRACES OF A NETWORKED LIFE
> Anne Helmond
> http://helmond.networkedbook.org
>
> STORAGE IN COLLABORATIVE NETWORKED ART
> Jason Freeman
> http://freeman.networkedbook.org
>
> DATA UNDERMINING: THE WORK OF NETWORKED ART IN AN AGE OF
> IMPERCEPTIBILITY
> Anna Munster
> http://munster.networkedbook.org
>
> ART IN THE AGE OF DATAFLOW: NARRATIVE, AUTHORSHIP, AND INDETERMINACY
> Patrick Lichty
> http://lichty.networkedbook.org
>
> TAGS: active, aethetics, aggregators, authenticity, authorship, BEN
> FRY, BEN RUBIN, BURAK ARIKAN, collaborative, communication, data, data
> mining, digital traces, distributed, DIY, EDUARDO NAVAS, everyday
> life, flow, GOLAN LEVIN, identity, improvisation, Internet, JANET
> CARDIFF, JASON FREEMAN, JODI.ORG, JONATHAN HARRIS, latency,
> lifelogging, lifetracing, MANIK, mapping, MARK HANSEN, MARTIN
> WATTENBERG, MAX NEUHAUS, Mechanical Turk, mediation, memory, music,
> narrative, NastyNets, NATHANIEL STERN, net art, network, NICK KNOUF,
> nonlinear, OLIVER LARIC, participation, performative, persistance,
> PETER TRAUB, platform, postmodernism, presentational, privacy,
> prosumer, prosurfer, ranking, realism, reality, real-time, relational,
> remix, representation, research, RYBN, SCARLET ELECTRIC, SCOTT
> KILDALL, search engine, self, self-exposure, SHIFTSPACE.ORG, social
> networks, software, sousveillance, STEVE LAMBERT, storage,
> surveillance, tactical media, telepresence, THE HUB, THEY RULE, Trac!
>  kMeNot, transmission, TV, user-generated, visualization, web 2.0,
> webcam, widget, Wikipedia Art, YES MEN
>
> BACKGROUND
>
> “Networked” proposes that a history or critique of interactive and/or
> participatory art must itself be interactive and/or participatory;
> that the technologies used to create a work suggest new forms a “book”
> might take.
>
> In 2008, Turbulence.org and its project partners -- NewMediaFix, Telic
> Arts Exchange, and Freewaves – issued an international, open call for
> chapter proposals. We invited contributions that critically and
> creatively rethink how networked art is categorized, analyzed,
> [...]

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
Faculty of Arts, Design, and Media, University of Sunderland
Ashburne House, Ryhope Road
Sunderland
SR2 7EE
Tel: +44 191 515 2896    Fax: +44 191 515 2132
Email: [log in to unmask]

CRUMB web resource for new media art curators
http://www.crumbweb.org