Dear Mary:

You may also want to look at the Public Health Agency of Canada website.  They cover many health issues including maternity services.  The link for Health Pregnancy and Infancy   is  http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/hp-ps/index-eng.php#hp.
The Canadian Maternity Experiences Survey is a recent publication which may be of particular interest depending on your reason for taking interest in services in Canada....

Regards

Cindy Hutchinson
Midwife

> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:51:49 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Maternal Research Centre
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi Sheila
> Thank you for your response. I had a feeling that there wasn't a
> maternal research centre in Canada as the responses I had were
> pointing to specific state centres. I have heard of the Canadian
> Institute for
> Health Information; I will contact them for some more information plus
> the Canadian Midwifery Research Association.
> Thank you for your help and for the offer of more information
> Regards
> Mary
> --
> Mary Longworth
> Midwifery Lecturer
> Fron Heulog
> School of Health Care Sciences
> Friddoedd Road
> Bangor
> Tel No. 01248 383158
>

> Sheila Stewart wrote:
>

> >Hi Mary,
> >I don't think there is a central maternity research centre in Canada,
> but there is a generic health research institute, "The Canadian
> Institute for Health Research"   www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca   Try also the
> "Canadain Institute for Health Information" you can get lots of
> national info on there.  You might find that each province has a
> women's health research centre.  In British Columbia it is "Women's
> Health Research Institute".  Health care dollars are spent differently
> in each province; I imagine health research is also funded by
> provincial governments.  You might want to contact the Midwifery
> department at UBC in Vancouver for information. There is also a
> Canadian Midwifery Association - I am sure they could help you out.  If
> you need any contacts in Vancouver, let me know!
> >Not sure about the states, but again, will be different state to state
> I imagine.
> >Regards,
> >Sheila
> >
> >--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Mrs Mary Kathleen Longworth <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >
> >From: Mrs Mary Kathleen Longworth <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Maternal Research Centre
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> >Does anybody know if there is  central Maternal Research Centre in US
> >or Canada?
> >Would be grateful for any information
> >Many thanks
> >Mary
> >
> >--
> >Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
> >gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig
> >gan y sawl y cawsant eu cyfeirio ato (atynt). Os ydych wedi derbyn y
> >neges e-bost hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr ar
> >unwaith a dilëwch y neges. Os na fwriadwyd anfon y neges atoch chi,
> >rhaid i chi beidio â defnyddio, cadw neu ddatgelu unrhyw wybodaeth a
> [...]

Internet Explorer 8 - accelerate your Hotmail. Download Internet Explorer 8