From: Erik Drigsdahl <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [M-R] saints of the day 20. August
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 9:14 PM

At 8:42 -0700 20/08/09, Marjorie Greene wrote:
>And here are some wonderful pictures of Saint-Philibert de Tournus
>http://www.sacred-destinations.com/france/tournus-abbey-st-philibert

Thank you Marjorie, it is a very fine and informative site, rendering some
flesh and blood to a forgotten saint.  His name has now been visualized,
and we know where his body once was buried.

For the first martyr in that abbey:
There are an awful lot of Saint Valerien's in French calendars. This one
apparently came from Lyon?, but I am not quite sure where Usuard placed
him in his martyrologium.  Can it be the one called "apòtre du Soissonais"
who was killed under Diocletian together with St. Rufus, and commemorated
on 14 June?

Best
Erik Drigsdahl

Erik Drigsdahl          CHD Center for Haandskriftstudier
Kapelvej 25B  3.tv.         E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>
DK-2200 Copenhagen N        http://www.chd.dk
                            Phone:  +45 + 3537 2047

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]