With apologies for cross posting.

Colleagues

The consultancy company Red Quadrant are investigating two major areas of
interest to the LLCP under contract to MLA London. Library RFID Ltd is one
of the consultancies contracted to RQ for the duration of the project.

We would be grateful for feedback from colleagues on best practice in UK
(and beyond) public libraries in the key areas of inter library loans and
supply chain management. In particular we are interested in:

*	Which standards have been adopted for ILL and supply chain
management - with particular reference to the NAG servicing guidelines?
*	To what extent you are using EDI, either via mailbox, FTP or other
services?
*	What impact has BIC's e4libraries campaign had on your procurement
process?
*	What impact, if used, has RFID had on ILL management or stock
procurement?
*	What issues, if any, are preventing you from realising the full
potential of existing systems (e.g. compatibility issues)?
*	Details of any best practice guidelines?

I appreciate the rather wide ranging nature of the questions but we want to
cast the net as widely as possible. Any information you might feel able to
share would be most welcome, on list or off.

Kind regards

Mick

Mick Fortune
Library RFID  Ltd

m. +44 (0)7786 625544         t.   +44 (0)1865 727411     e.
[log in to unmask] w. www.libraryrfid.co.uk
<http://www.libraryrfid.co.uk/>
Join the UK list! http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=LIB-RFID-UK
Read the Library RFID blog!  http://www.mickfortune.com/Wordpress/?page_id=2