FW: BNF for Children - intermittent access oddity?

Oops! Further to this, I missed a couple of forward slashes off the usual BNFC homepage address i.e. it's usually http://bnfc.org/bnfc/

The rest of my email is as below!

Rosemary

From:   Legg Rosemary (BFWH)
Sent:   25 August 2009 12:02
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        BNF for Children - intermittent access oddity?

Good afternoon,

We seem to have had an intermittent blip with our direct link from our hospital intranet to the BNF for Children. i.e. Instead of taking us to the usual BNFC homepage (http:bnfc.org/bnfc/), it has taken us to a 'Medicines Complete' page https://www.medicinescomplete.com/mc/ , and clicking on the BNF for Children link from there, you are asked for a subscription/login (which doesn't work, using either Athens or by organisation).

It has happened a few times in the last few days apparently (according to our consultant paediatrician) - but inconsistently. She's just contacted me about it, and just in the past half hour, I've found it's sometimes fine and then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, we get Medicines Complete instead. Leaving it a few minutes sometimes sorts it out, back to normal - but busy clinicians may well not do this, and anyway, that's really not acceptable, for obvious reasons!

Has anyone else also experienced this intermittent problem?

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks,

Rosemary Legg
Electronic Services Librarian
Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Blackpool Victoria Hospital
01253 303338

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s email disclaimer available on its website

http://www.bfwh.nhs.uk/disclaimer/2008-01.asp