From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Halfhide, Dorothy
Sent: 13 August 2009 15:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sharepoint- has anything changed?

Hello

It must be a couple of years ago now that I first asked on Lis-Medical how other trusts were getting on with implementing Sharepoint for accessing and sharing documents.  In our case, we currently have clinical and corporate policies loaded on a Sharepoint 2003 system, and a group has been set up to give a multidisciplinary approach to the development of new services based on Sharepoint 2007.

Last time I asked, there were several projects using Sharepoint which were about to start.  I wonder if anyone is able to let me know how they got on.

I think that the crucial issues for me are making the information within Sharepoint accessible and easily searchable – and also that the NHS is going to use Sharepoint as much of the software is effectively free.  However, I suspect that the art is in customisation and implementation, and we would love ot hear of others’ experiences in doing this.

Thanks

Dorothy

Dorothy Halfhide MA DipLib MCLIP MITG

Library Information Services Manager

Laxton Library

Peterborough District Hospital

Thorpe Road

Peterborough

PE3 5DA

01733 875792 or Library Office 01733 874662

“This message may contain legally privileged, confidential, commercial or patient information intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and destroy all copies of the message as you would any other confidential waste (shredding or incineration for printed-copies, deletion for electronic copies).  Please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.”