*International Map Exhibition - ICC 2009, Santiago, Chile*

**The International Cartographic Association (ICA) meets for its 24^th
International Cartographic Conference in Chile in November 2009. As part
of that conference there will be an exhibition of cartographic products
from around the world. For the UK contribution to that exhibition we are
inviting you to submit examples of any cartographic products prepared or
published by you in the last two years. Please provide two copies of
each item wherever possible; one copy will be displayed in the
International Map Exhibition in Chile. The other copy will be exhibited
at a future BCS event and will be added to the BCS collection held in
the National Library of Scotland.

All types of cartographic product will be considered. The exhibition
will include regional and national atlases, electronic atlases,
topographical and hydrographical maps, satellite images, urban maps,
relief maps, maps of mountains, tourism, national parks, geological
maps, globes, educational and multi-media material.

Entries are invited in 4 categories: printed maps; atlases; globes; and
electronic media. There is a separate entry form for each category, an
*electronic copy* of which must be filled in for each item to be
submitted. Copies of these forms are available from the BCS website:
www.cartography.org.uk/news.asp <http://www.cartography.org.uk/news.asp>
 Forms should be sent as an e-mail attachment to:-
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> no
later than 14^th August 2009. For the ‘Abstract/Comments’ entry please
give a brief explanatory text to describe your product.

Two copies of each Map, etc., should be sent to me at the address below
to arrive no later than 14^th August 2009. Please enclose a printed copy
of the form(s) with each product. If the number of submissions exceeds
our allocated display space the UKCC will select the most representative
entries from those submitted.

If you have any questions regarding any aspects of this invitation
please contact me by e-mail or on 0141 330 5401 Meanwhile, I look
forward to receiving your contributions.

Best wishes

David Forrest

--
David Forrest PhD, FBCart.S

For some a map is just a piece of paper
For others it is a passport to adventure