Dear colleagues,

Currently we are starting with a project to develop a website that opens up for the general public: historical maps (georeferenced and not georeferenced), aerial photographs, thematic maps, land registry maps, and other historical material in cooperation with the Royal National Library, the National Archive and the Royal Museum for Middle Africa.

Therefore I would appreciate your reply, as well as some advice on websites that already exist and provide similar services, and on software / servers that could support the execution of our plans.

To give you an idea of how it could look like, have a look at www.watwaswaar.nl.

Looking forward to your reply!

With best regards,

Rink W. KRUK

Cartesius project, a cooperation between the Royal National Library, the National Archive and the Royal Museum for Middle Africa to open up historical maps, photographs and others online.

National Geographic Institute
Abdij Ter Kameren 13
1000 Brussels
BELGIUM