Diane Chilmaid from Kent Libraries and Archives will be talking about
volunteering, including the highly successful "Time2Give" project which
encourages people to become involved as volunteers at their local library.

"Libraries continuing to change lives - libraries change lives every day for
those who use our services. Kent Libraries & Archives Volunteer Development
programme, one of the 3 shortlisted projects for the CILIP Libraries Change
Lives Award in 2008, has been changing the lives of volunteers, customers
and staff for over 6 years. Some changes have been predictable, but some
unexpected!"

The Time2Give project has provided opportunities for community engagement,
skill enhancement, improved health and well being, asset sharing and personal
development skills.

Come and find out how your library can get involved with volunteering.

Thursday 24th September 2009, 6-8pm

Venue: Crawley Library, West Sussex
Cost: £3 for Cilip members, £5 for non-members

A light buffet will be available from 6pm

To book your place, contact Suzanne Tatham by email:

For more information about Sussex events, visit our web page at:
www.cilip.org.uk/sussex