Apologies for cross posting.

The NoWAL (North West Academic Libraries) General Programme for October-December 2009 is
now available at http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php

The NoWAL programme of staff training and development offers extensive opportunities for
professional and personal development.  The main aim of the programme is to support and
develop the abilities required of staff to deliver existing and future services to users.

The Autumn 2009 programme includes the following courses.

06/10/09
Customer service skills
Manchester
10.00-16.30
Rachel Beckett
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=73

19/11/09
Enquiry desk skills
Liverpool
10.00-16.30
Rachel Beckett
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=75

24/11/09
Web 2.0 for Libraries
Liverpool
10.00-16.30
Karen Blakeman
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=76

01/12/09
Having difficult conversations
Salford
10.00-16.30
Deborah Dalley
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=77

Comments from previous participants on NoWAL courses
"The standard of content was extremely high and of clear immediate relevance. Level and
pace of delivery was excellent."
Having Difficult Conversations

"This was an excellent course which was extremely well-presented and highly motivational.
 The standard of handouts was very high, and the presentation used a variety of media
which kept my attention.  I really appreciated the chance to explore some of these areas
away from the distractions of my normal duties, and I was happy that we were asked if
there were any applications that we particularly wanted to explore, as this gave me the
opportunity to tailor my practical work to meet my own needs.  It was really interesting
to have the time to network and discover what other institutions are doing in this field,
and to learn what other people found to be useful."
Web 2.0 for Libraries

"Excellent trainer, very friendly and relaxed setting."
Customer Service Skills

To see the full programme go to http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php

Booking information is available at
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training_and_development.php?page_id=3

See individual course details for prices.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

Follow NoWAL on Twitter - http://twitter.com/NoWALnews

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information
support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

NoWAL Office
Room 212
Department of Information and Communications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Geoffrey Manton Building
Rosamond Street West
Off Oxford Road
Manchester
M15 6LL

0161 247 6021

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "