Somhegyi Bence wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Our site is using SGE batch system under lcg-CE, and I'm wondering if it's
> possible to put some of the queues in 'Draining' state, so that waiting
> jobs can run to success but no further jobs can be submitted.
>
> Appearently, there's a cluster.state file under /etc/sge-jobmanager/ but
> it sets the whole cluster's state to 'Draining' and SAM test jobs fail
> because the jobrobot can not match to the CE.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance,
> Benjamin

At the SGE level, I believe that qmod -d can be used for this. The
documentations says:

-d     Disables the queue(s), i.e. no further jobs are dispatched to
disabled queues
              while jobs already executing in these queues are allowed
to finish.
-e     Enables the queue(s).

Steve

--
Steve Jones                             [log in to unmask]
Grid System Administrator               office: 220