>>> On 14/08/2009 at 12:28, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, Jethro R Binks
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Andy Swiffin wrote:
>

> Use a directory browser to investigate what attributes an object has.
> Apache project has a GUI one.  For the CLI, I have a script like the
> following which dumps out all attributes for a provided $user:

Sadly, already done, I used ldp, and that shows no dn attribute.   I even resorted to an ethereal/wireshark trace to see if there was something getting passed but not displayed, but alas, no.

> Seems odd that eDirectory doesn't provide distinguishedName in some form.

Odd, but I'm going to have conclude true.   I've tried to do this before with equal lack of success.   This was why I was wondering if there was some Shib internal attribute I could get at?

Mind you, this is the first time I've found eDirectory ldap to be inferior to "other brands"  :-)

Cheers
Andy

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096