* John P. Szkudlapski <[log in to unmask]> [2009-08-19 16:41]:
> We have tackled it by having a guest account on our AD, with a
> specified password, which we set to expire a day after contacting
> the relevant company.

Setting up test accounts sometimes doesn't work for us, since they may
be missing required attributes that are only generated for actual
people with e.g. active employment status, based directly on data
sourced from the system of record (HR system).

And creating ficticious people with ficticious jobs and functions in
upstream systems isn't something we like to do.

If I can't slip those attributes in somewhere (e.g. an intermediary
system, metadirectory, person registry, etc.; these entries also tend
to be forgotten, since the entry itself might be legitimate, but their
additional attributes are not) I could also fabricate them in the
Shib config (a static DataConnector comes to mind). Which requires
either always auto-reloading the relevant part of the config (possible
at least with the 2.x IdP) or a restart of the context or container,
which will nuke all IdP sessions (unless you're running a cluster), so
that's not really desirable as well.
-peter