Sent on the behalf of Vicki Little - Research and Evalaution Officer

Hello,

The North East Regional Museums Hub Learning Team have some development
days and conferences coming up.

Science in the Museum
Discovery Museum
Thursday 3 September

A practical and hands on development day that explores how to make the
most of your museum to support and enhance the learning of science. This
course is organised and delivered by experienced museum and learning
professionals to help you make the most of your museum's unique
collections and resources.

Museums for Writing
Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths & Museum
Friday 18 September

Improving writing ability is high on the government agenda, with many
pupils failing to achieve the expected writing level for their age. This
development day will focus on how the experience of a museum visit can
help develop writing skills and give pupils more confidence in their own
abilities as writers, providing ideas and examples from projects taking
place in museums around the region.

For more information about these event and more please see the attached
documents.

Remember that we only have a limited number of places available at our
events and booking is essential.  If you would like to book a place at
any of the events advertised please contact either myself or the Hub
Learning Team on [log in to unmask] or telephone 0191 263
9860.

I look forward to taking your bookings and seeing you at our events.

Best wishes,
Vicki Little

Thomas Elwick
Hub Learning Officer
Regional Museums Hub
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum
Buddle Street
Wallsend
Newcastle NE28 6HR
Tel: 0191 263 9860
Mobile: 0791 969 5512
Fax: 0191 263 9684
Email: [log in to unmask]

You can Be Part of It and help make a Great Big difference to our work at the Great North Museum by making a donation now. To find out more, please visit www.twmuseums.org.uk/greatnorthmuseum/bepartofit

Leader of the North East Regional Museums Hub

Our mission is to help people determine their place in the world and define their identities, so enhancing their self-respect and respect for others. Find out more at: www.twmuseums.org.uk

Tyne & Wear Museums has now merged with Tyne & Wear Archives to create a joint service; Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums.  2009 North East Public Sector Organisation of the year.

v.1TWAM