Hi folks,

We still have a few openings for our Advanced Interpretation Planning course, 1-4 September, at Plas tan y Bwlch (Snowdonia National Park Studies Center) in Wales.
This is a residential course which will focus on new, innovative and advanced issues involving interpretive planning, marketing, and audience development for parks, historic sites, museums, zoos and other interpretive sites and facilities.  This is also an excellent course for interpretive trainers, managers, lecturers and consultants.

Some of the topics we will present include:

- Review of interpretive philosophy, missions and principles.

- Review of interpretive program and service strategies and interpretive planning model.

- Recent research into interpretive services from the Journal of Interpretation.

- Advanced learning concepts and principles related to marketing and program theme retention.

- Interpretive planning details:

            * Visitor Surveys and Analysis

            * Financial planning strategies (cost/contact and cost effectiveness).

            *Marketing needs, methods and strategies - marketing brochure design and tracking.

            *Evaluation strategies (pre-post testing, etc.).

- Developing web sites for marketing and interpretive purposes.

- Forecasting sustainability issues and long-term interpretive asset management.

- Overview of Interpretive Master Planning

- Overview of interpretive media and services planning and budgeting.

- Concepts of Mass Customization, Markets of one and Experience Planning, and details on “The Experience Economy”.

We will also have a field trip to the Welsh National Slate Mine Museum to view and discuss new interpretive services including participation in some excellent live interpretive programs.  We will discuss site management and planning issues as well.

Participants are asked to bring an interpretive planning/design project with them to work on in the course so you can take back a good draft plan/materials with you at the course end.

Course instructor is John Veverka (Certified Interpretive Planner and Trainer), with other invited speakers.  You can visit John's web site at: http://www.heritageinterp.com .  Should you have specific course content questions you can e-mail John at: [log in to unmask].

For course registration and cost information you are invited to contact the course manager: Beth Cluer at: [log in to unmask]

This course receives support from the Countryside Counsel of Wales.

Plas Tan y Bwlch

Environmental Studies Centre and Education Services

Maentwrog, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd. LL41 3YU

Archebion / Bookings:

Ffôn/Tel:  01766 772600      Ffacs/Fax:  01766 772 609                        e.bost/e.mail – [log in to unmask]

www.plastanbwlch.com