The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust's London Wetland Centre in Barnes is developing a new 'Pond Zone' with funding from Thames Water. This will be an area where families get involved together in activities such as pond-dipping and find out about water quality and management, ponds, bogs and lakes.

As part of the overall research for developing this area we are looking for really good examples of family friendly interactive spaces (small to large, indoors or outdoors, UK based or worldwide) where evaluation has shown that family learning regularly takes place i.e. through a combination of the following: families playing together, creating something together, problem solving together, listening and talking for mutual understanding, reflecting together, having fun together and actively looking at or watching something together.

If you know of any really good examples from museums, galleries, zoos, heritage sites (including gardens), wildlife attractions or nature reserves it would be great to hear from you by 18th September 09. Please email me at [log in to unmask] .

I'll pull together all responses and mail back to the list.

Thanks!

Nicky

Nicky Boyd
Museum Learning and Evaluation Consultant
17 Lizban Street
Blackheath
London
SE3 8SS
020 8853 0110
07759 393 779
www.nickyboyd.co.uk

Whilst every care is taken to minimize the risk of virus transfer, Nicky Boyd cannot accept liability for any adverse consequences arising from this email or any attachments to it. This email may contain confidential material - if you receive it by mistake please return to sender.