Hi - I have a group of 21 patients who underwent two fMRI sessions before
and after treatment. I would like to compare activation before and after
treatment on patient-by-patient basis and then do a higher level regression
analysis to see whether change in group activation predicts behavioural
improvement. For the within subject analysis I am using a higher level
t-test comparing the two before and two after fMRI sessions. My questions
is: Should I use a fixed effect analysis for this step?

Also, for the higher level (third level) analysis that includes the whole
group, should I use the COPEs as inputs? Hope this makes sense. Thanks -
Julius