Hi Steve,

You have been right, it was my fault, because I misinterpreted something
in the fsl_sub file and made a change that was causing the problem.
There is a part where the SGE initialisation is done:

[...]
METHOD=SGE
if [ "x$SGE_ROOT" = "x" ] ; then
    if [ -f /usr/local/share/sge/default/common/settings.sh ] ; then
    . /usr/local/share/sge/default/common/settings.sh
    elif [ -f /usr/local/sge/default/common/settings.sh ] ; then
    . /usr/local/sge/default/common/settings.sh
    else
    METHOD=NONE
    fi
fi
[...]

I assumed that I have to set the file for my environment
('/usr/sge/default/common/settings.sh'), and of course this was setting
again the variable SGE_ROOT. So I guess that this kind of problem I
introduced could occur whenever someone sets up SGE with the paths as
specified here. Would it not be more reliable to check whether the
variable SGE_ROOT is set and decide based on this to use SGE?
Anyway, now everything seems to work fine again and I am happy. Sorry
for causing this problem by myself.

wolf