Over the next few months, I will be researching and writing an essay on the adaptation of Sylvia Plath's novel, The Bell Jar, to the  1979 film, directed by Larry Peerce. My question to the list regards books on the adaptation of literature to film; certainly, there are many. But are there any that might be theoretical, but at the same time understandable to one who does not have a great deal of training in current film theory ?

 Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

 Sarah Nichols
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **