Before making any more comments I should  first review the slides
Michael sent, but my point was not that you do away with expertise
( of course we will always need it- otherwise we can close all
schools!) My point was that the goals classic definition of EBM
promote cannot be done in a coherent, rational and repriducible
fashion (regardless if we are talking about expertise vs. experience)
and in fact hurt EBM movement. I personally used to promote the
"classic" definition (and still do as something that we normatively
aspire to) until I realize that every single recommendation made
within the classic EBM framework can be justified (regardless how
irrational or inappropriate that may look to an outside observer). I
too challenge you and anyone else to come up with a single case that
practicing medicine according to the "classic" definition of EBM
cannot be easily challenged.
Best
Ben

Ben Djulbegovic,MD