From: Munier Hossain <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Combating misinformation about the NHS: do your bit for the NHS which we are all proud of in the UK, inspite of its many faults!
To: [log in to unmask]

I commend Dr. Paul for his efforts but from experience petitions of these kinds are counter-productive. If we want to counter the lies we need to organise counter propaganda to provide the evidence. The main problem is that those who are most amenable to our protestations are dispossessed and rarely have access to or presence in media. As for the petition eight years back The Guardian organised an ill-advised  campaign whereby an individual UK residents wrote directly to a US voter urging him NOT to vote for GB. It was not very successful.
We need more of informed debate and less of rhetoric on this emotive issue. See the link below.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/aug/21/healthcare-provision-us-uk

Munier