I commend Dr. Paul for his efforts but from experience
petitions of these kinds are counter-productive. If we
want to counter the lies we need to organise counter
propaganda to provide the evidence. The main problem is
that those who are most amenable to our protestations are
dispossessed and rarely have access to or presence in
media. As for the petition eight years back The Guardian
organised an ill-advised  campaign whereby an individual
UK residents wrote directly to a US voter urging him NOT
to vote for GB. It was not very successful.
We need more of informed debate and less of rhetoric on
this emotive issue. See the link below.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/aug/21/healthcare-provision-us-uk

Munier