Local Authority reponsibility.
Birmingham contact here:
This page may be referred to as www.birmingham.gov.uk/clinicalwaste

Clinical waste collections are free of charge to householders who need to
dispose of medical waste as a result of treatment at home. Collections are
normally arranged as a result of a referral by a hospital, health visitor,
GP, district nurse or home care assistant.
Different conditions apply to commmercial clinical waste

Clinical waste must not be placed in with your normal refuse. It must be
stored in special yellow clinical waste bags prior to collection. Sharp
instruments such as needles must be placed in special yellow plastic
containers called sharps boxes. Clinical waste bags and sharps boxes are
provided free of charge for domestic customers. Clinical waste collections
are carried out once a week by a separate crew to your normal refuse
collection and are taken directly to Tyseley for incineration.

For more information contact:

Clinical Waste Section on: 0121 303 7805