Hi,

My husband came up with the quickest solution, and I thought I’d tell everybody.

It is a matter of language settings in the control panel. My computer used the Dutch language, and although Excel settings were English it still used those language settings for the import of files. But when I set the entire computer settings to English Excel did read the dots instead of comma’s.

Thanks for the helpful emails that I received,

Regards,

Rianne

Appel - Meulenbroek, H.A.J.A.

Assistant professor  Eindhoven University of Technology

Chair of Real Estate Management & Development

Vertigo 8.30, Den Dolech 2

PO Box 513

5600 MB Eindhoven

The Netherlands