Whenever I try to export tables of generated data (e.g. metric step depth) from Depthmap as a text file, and then import it into excel or SPSS, I run into the same problem: Both program will not recognize the data as numeric, not even when I define them as such during the import.

Has anybody coped with the same problem?

I am really desperate by now, because I think I have tried everything. Can somebody please help me. I'm generating to much data for my PhD to type over all values to make them numeric.

Thank you very much,

Rianne Appel

Appel - Meulenbroek, H.A.J.A.
Eindhoven University of Technology
Chair of Real Estate Management & Development
Vertigo 8.30, Den Dolech 2
PO Box 513
5600 MB Eindhoven
The Netherlands