Hi Karen,

> Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:
> > <dc:subject xsi:type="dcterms:DDC">
> >
> I was just hunting for this one myself for a project, in
> particular to use in rdf/xml, so I second Ray's request here!

RDF/XML doesn't use the XML Schema xsi:type attribute.

In RDF/XML, datatypes of typed literals are provided using the
rdf:datatype attribute, which takes a URI (rather than an XML QName) as
a value. See

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-datatyped-litera
ls

There's a special case for XML literals, for which RDF/XML has a special
construct, the rdf:parseType attribute with value "Literal". See

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-XML-literals

It's also worth noting that in RDF/XML, what DCMI calls Vocabulary
Encoding Schemes and Syntax Encoding Schemes are treated differently.
See

http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-rdf/

for details

e.g. (from Appendix A of that DC-RDF doc)

(i) for a Vocabulary Encoding Scheme with URI
http://example.org/taxonomy/MyVocab

 xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
 xmlns:ex="http://example.org/taxonomy/"
 xmlns:dcam="http://purl.org/dc/dcam/">

 <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/123">
  <dcterms:subject>
   <rdf:Description>
    <dcam:memberOf rdf:resource="http://example.org/taxonomy/MyVocab"/>
    <rdf:value>Ornitology</rdf:value>
   </rdf:Description>
  </dcterms:subject>
 </rdf:Description>

</rdf:RDF>

(ii) for a Syntax Encoding Scheme (datatype) with URI
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int

 xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
 xmlns:ex="http://example.org/ns#">

 <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/person123">