Dear Jürgen:

I've been using the DVI cable provided and full resolution (I had to
set this manually in display preferences).  I assume what works with
my mini and my airbook would also work with a macbook pro.  I haven't
tried the VGA option, but assume that would work too.

One thing I discovered is it doesn't work if you have display
mirroring on.  If that is the case, turn it off in display
preferences, and hopefully it will then work.

If not, try tilting the screen up or down a little bit (or move your
head relative to the screen).

I went through a bit of frustration but it was all due to user error
on my part.

Is the DVI cable just dead?

Did you issue the command in coot to start the stereo specific to
Zalman mode?

Try the latest PyMOL too.  You have to rename it MacPyMOLZalman.app
first.  Then open it, and if it isn't already in stereo, just hit the
"stereo" menu item.

Depending on the positioning of the window, and number of pixels, you
can have the image reversed, so check to see if that is happening, as
it ruins the 3D effect.

Good luck.  Hope it is working for you soon.

Bill