On Aug 19, 2009, at 1:14 AM, Lutz Schmitt wrote:

> Dear Bill,
>
> I am probably one of the many people out here who asked you a
> question concerning the Zalman 3D monitor.
>
> We got one yesterday and I upgraded coot to coot 0.6-pre-1 (revision
> 2215) running on a Quad-Core Intel with a NVidia Qudro FX 5600 (=S
> 10.5.7). I use the DVI cable, mirroring off and the Zalman is the
> "second" monitor.
>
> Running coot at the highest resolution 1680x1050 and 60 Hz (more is
> not possible according to the monitor settings) I have the feeling
> that I close but not really there. In coot, I can see two images,
> the 3D effect is there but not perfect yet and without the polarize
> glasses the screen flickers. However, the situation reminds me of
> using Crystal eyes and a refresh rate, which is too small meaning I
> am almost there.

I think you can increase the stereo angle.  I need to appeal to Paul
or Bernhard for the appropriate command (hence the cc to the cootbb).

Does it work ok with pymol?

> Do you know what I am doing wrong?

No.  Quite possibly nothing.  It is also possible you are seeing the
exact same thing as I am, but because of my small brain and limited
cranial capacity, I get a different visual effect.

> BTW, I still use bash not zsh. Therefore I have not used your
> scripts yet.

You can run any shell script (including zsh functions) by making it
executable and run it in the usual way from one of the other shells.