Hello.

Just a point...

Arsenic is well documented as being significantly present in the sediment of the Himalaya. It is one of the geochemical indicators to the presence of Palladium in geochemical exploration in this region. The levels have been known for a long time. So I disagree with the ‘unknown source’. The source is well known, just ask Rio Tinto, I’m sure they know all about it.

Arsenic likes to live as As(III) or As(V) in aqueous solution and guess what? Yes, it is linked to swine flu spreading... http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-05/mbl-sli052009.php

Interestingly Chakraborti also said that a simple bucket filter system of sand and iron filings then activated charcoal can remove the majority of arsenic without producing hazardous waste. So why not do that? (see attached) or does it vindicate more jobs for people and revenue for companies if a more complicated system is implemented? It just needs uncontaminated sand.....

Cheers

Russell

Don’t print this e-mail for god’s sake or we’re all for it. Saving the planet, for real,  one step at a time: Eradicate remote controls for TVs – makes people move, uses less of the metal resources of the world, lowers the energy budget, increases draw space in my front room and would stop me having to remember bloody batteries when I’m in Morrisons. I have a remote control for my radio, computer, playstation, DVD player, TV, music system, video (I still have one!), curtains and I wish I had one with mute on it for the cat.