I'm working through the LQM book replicating the GAC in CLEA and comparing to our in-house numbers. I am struggling to reproduce the GACs for chromium (III) exactly; I am getting close but not close enough - 3400 mg/kg (2sf) for Residential as opposed to the quoted 3000 mg/kg.

Running other 'LQM' metals at the same time returns the published numbers; so its something specific to chromium. I have entered the quoted parameters from the LQM book into a fresh CLEA sheet and double checked but get the same result.

I assume both LQM and other folks have reproduced the 3000 mg/kg GAC and that its something I'm mis-reading or have done wrong? Are there anything specific peculiarities in generating the Cr GAC? Any pointers gratefully received (other than coming back to it afresh in the morning!).

Thanks,

Duncan

DUNCAN FAIRWOOD
Principal Consultant
BAE Systems Environmental
Euxton Lane, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 6AQ
Tel:       +44(0)1257 242008
Fax:      +44(0)1257 242018
Mobile:  +44(0)7793 421835
Environmental Consultancy / Remediation Consultancy & Contracting
Visit our website at - www.baesystems.com/environmental

BAE Systems Properties Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 2863702