Charles,

here's one of sami's papers...

gemma

From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marley Charles (NHS Forth Valley) [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 13 August 2009 10:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Physical illness and Mental illness

Hi all,

I debate has developed within our service regarding ADHD (again) and I felt compelled to respond.  The main points in the debate appear to be:

1) Why do so many clinicians, who work in HEALTH, speak so pejoratively about the most researched disorder in CAMHS?

2) Are those, who question ADHD as a valid disorder, appropriate clinicians to be working in CAMHS?

3) Would you dispute the existence of your illness if you or a relative were admitted to hospital with motor-neuron disease, diabetes or cancer?

I was hoping to provide a response to each of the points.  I’m emailing for some direction on the last point – does anyone on the list have any journal articles that might help me clarify this as I’m not doing so well at coming up with a response?

Thanks

Charles

___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator: Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

___________________________________ This discussion list for Community Psychology has a new website at: http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/ To post on the website blog, contact Grant or David at the email addresses below. To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK For any problems or queries, contact a list moderator: David Fryer ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])