Dear Eric,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  It worked.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your kind offer with the help (and for writing such a wonderful program + providing users with support!).  I will compare the cif files and see if I can pick out the differences...

Sincerely,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Did you try making a cif using the Dundee Prodrg server?  http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/prodrg/

Eric
--
Eric Ortlund, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

> Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:02:12 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Problem with Coot reading monomer library file.
>
> Peter Chan wrote:
> > Dear Crystallographers,
> >
> > I've been spending >10 hours trying (googling, manually editting cif
> > files based on templates in Coot's library, asking around, rtfm and
> > reading this bbs) to figure out why Coot the geometric restraints
> > wouldn't load.
>
> I can think of no reason why 0.1 would work and 0.6 would not. If you
> want me to investigate, please send the PDB and cif dictionary.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul.

Stay in the loop and chat with friends, right from your inbox! Learn how!