At Roche, our success is built on innovation, curiosity, and diversity -
multiplied by 80,000 professionals in 150 countries. Roche R&D Center
(China) Ltd. (RRDCC), the first drug discovery R&D center in China owned by
a global healthcare company, was established in 2004. Since then, the RRDCC
research force has grown to a team of nearly 100 scientists, encompassing
various disciplines related to drug discovery.

We are seeking: A highly experienced structural biologist in x-ray
crystallography, reporting to the Head of Molecular Design and Biostructure.
You will lead the x-ray crystallography-based structural biology research at
RRDCC in order to elucidate structure-function relationships of proteins
relevant to our drug discovery projects. You will be responsible for setting
up an x-ray crystallography lab, performing protein crystallization
including co-crystallizing and soaking small molecules, as well as
structural determination of protein-ligand and/or protein-protein complexes.
You will work closely with our structural biology collaborators. You will
also be part of the molecular design and biostructure team, working closely
with computational chemists, biologists, and medicinal chemists to apply
structural information in understanding the function of target protein,
helping biological assay development, and guiding medicinal chemistry lead
generation and optimization.

You are required to have: Ph.D. in protein x-ray crystallography; at least
four years of post doctoral experience in protein structure determination,
preferably in protein-protein and/or protein-small molecule complexes; deep
understanding of protein structure-function relationship and its modulation
by small or large molecules, preferably in the context of human disease;
highly experienced in protein crystallization, protein and crystal handling,
data collection using synchrotron and in-house equipment, and structure
refinement; highly experienced in construct design and protein purification;
experience with protein biochemical and biophysical characterization as well
as functional study; experience in managing x-ray crystallography lab;
experience in structure-based drug design is desired; familiarity with other
structural biology methods, e.g. NMR, small angle x-ray scattering (SAXS),
and electron microscopy (EM), is a plus; ability to be multitasking, manage
multiple projects, and work on a timeline; excellent oral and written
communication skills as well as good presentation skills are a must.

To learn more and to apply for the position, please contact RRDCC at phone:
+86-21-38954910 ext. 2390 or ext. 3126 or email: [log in to unmask]