Dear Sir or Madam,

The ICP-ES results indicated that 1 molar my protein purified from E.coli Origami(DE3) contained about a half molar Zinc and nearly a quarter molar Iron (whether II or III was not available). The protein carried a MBP tag on the N-terminal and the situation was similar with or without His tag at the C terminal. I want to determine whether my protein really bind Zinc or Iron. Does anyone have any experience about such problems?

Specifically, now I want to compare the binding efficiency on various IMAC, i.e. 50mM ZnSO4, FeSO4, Fe2(SO4)3, NiSO4(control), or CuSO4(control). However,  considering the instability of Fe(II) in solution, the design still seemed problematic.

Sincerely,

Xuan Yang

National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules and
Center for Infection and Immunity,
Institute of Biophysics,
Chinese Academy of Sciences,
Room 1617, 15 DaTun Road,Chaoyang District,
Beijing, China, 100101
Tel: 86-10-64884329
Academic email: [log in to unmask]
We will either find a way or make one.