You don't mention your space group, it could be one with two distinct
"settings." I.e. that a reindexing would be necessary to switch from one
set of data to the other. If you scale the two datasets together, is the
Rmerge reasonable, or is it over 30%?

-
You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people
thinking that you're a fool. - Wonko the Sane
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University