Hello all,

While trying to perform some docking experiments with crystal structures
into cryoEM maps, I found that some deposited EM maps are not at the right
size relative to crystal structure coordinates (e.g. a ccp4 formatted
deposited EM map looks smaller than a crystal structure that's supposed to
represent less than 10% of the map). The problem is independent of the
graphics program used (e.g. VMD, chimera, pymol all show the EM map as too
small).

Is there any straightforward way to get the map to the right scale, using
information somehow hidden in the map header?  Note that I don't know a
priori by how much the EM map would have to be inflated.   I'm using the
SITUS package for docking - converting from ccp4 to situs, spider or any
other common map format all deliver maps with the wrong size.

Sincerely,

Filip Van Petegem

--
Filip Van Petegem, PhD