my own xp has been ok . . . but not for everybody

it was read a lot of poems both inside school as a kid and outside
school as a kid and beyond school
as a kid

i didn't go to university (until i was 39)

well i visited friends there but . . . but that was there and
then . . . times ARE very different

and go hear some poets read . . . anywhere i heard a bunch in London
in poetry spaces and in pop spaces and in Yorkshire and Lancaster and
Wales but then i used to hitch all over the place

and try not to be too shy of them or nervous around them, even that
is scary (i found it totally unnerving . . . i mean i thought how
does one talk with a poet?? ;-)

they often like to talk ;-)

and hang out with them and go to readings and listen and learn and
yes i went to the WF workshop (i was invited by Bill Griffiths) and
listen and talk and experiment and learn from that

and be open and curious and read just about everything that seems
like you haven't seen anything like it before

and then work out what isn't being done or not being done as well as
it could and consider doing the thing you would like to see being
done as well as it can be done and try to do it and put it out there
and listen and learn

xx

cris