I agree that we should ask the JISC to put this service on their wishlist.

Here at MMU we have just been quoted  - wait for it - £52,000!! This may be because we're
mutli-site but even so, £52K - during a recession!! Here's an excerpt from their email:

'We would be able to give all students' access to WGSN across the different sites. Our
commercial business rates for 1000 users is £525,000. However, as we would like to support
educational institutions such as yours, I am in a position to offer you a 90% discount of
this price, enabling all students across the different sites to access WGSN. Therefore the
price we could offer you is £52,000 for a 12-month subscription with unlimited users and
multi-site access.'

It would be useful to know whether anyone else been quoted anything like this before we

Regards

Jayne (absolutely incredulous of MMU!)

Jayne Burgess
Library Services Manager (Art & Design/Special Collections)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Sir Kenneth Green Library, All Saints, Manchester M15 6BH
E: [log in to unmask]
T: 0161 247 6637

Visit http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/ for more information about the MMU
Special Collections Museum

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer

>>> Elik Borrill <[log in to unmask]> 11/08/2009 16:52 >>>
Hi,
Should we enter WGSN on JISC's database wish list?
Hopefully through them a better deal could be negotiated on our behalf.
Regards

Elik Borrill
Subject librarian:
Design & Craft,