Hi Joanne,

I do some transcribing of Norwegian,  Swedish & Danish into English for our archives. I do not get paid personally but the Archives charges $10.00 - 15  CND per page.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Angela

Angela Smith
Acting City Archivist

City of Wetaskiwin Archives
4904 - 51 Street
PO Box 6210
Wetaskiwin, AB  T9A  2E9

phone:  780-361-4400 ext 429
fax:   780-361-4449

>>> "McKerchar, Joanne" <[log in to unmask]> 8/11/2009 8:23 AM >>>

Dear All,
I have been approached by someone who has offered to do some transcription work on behalf of the Archive but he would like to receive an hourly fee.  As we have never employed anyone for this purpose, I am unsure what the 'going rate' for this type of service is.  If anyone has experience in outsourcing this type of work I would be grateful if you could advise on a typical cost.
Please reply direct to me off-list and I will be happy to summarise and post any responses I receive.
All the best,
Joanne
Joanne McKerchar, Senior Archivist
Diageo
Glenochil House | Menstrie | Clackmannanshire | Scotland | FK11 7ES
Tel +44 (0)1259 766993 | Fax +44 (0)1259 766888
email: [log in to unmask]

This email is sent on behalf of a member of the Diageo group of companies, whose holding company is Diageo plc, registered in England and Wales with number 23307 and with registered address at 8 Henrietta Place, London W1G 0NB, England.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Messagelabs SkyScan service.

If you have received this email in error please notify the Diageo Servicedesk on +44 (0) 131 319 6000

http://www.diageo.com