We are due to replace all our major automated kit when we move to our shiny new PFI and are being asked to prepare a business case. I wondered if anyone had one that they would be willing to share. We are aiming to include Biochemistry and Haematology analysers (possibly with some Virology & Immunology too). We currently have 3 Advia 2400s, 2 Centaurs & an Immulite in Chemistry to give you an idea of scale.

Any thoughts of the benefits/problems regarding tracking systems would also be welcome! We have space for a 13m track, but I am getting some negative vibes about tracks at the moment.

Many thanks

Tony

Prof Tony Fryer, FRCPath

Professor of Clinical Biochemistry

Department of Clinical Biochemistry

University Hospital of North Staffordshire

Hartshill

Stoke-on-Trent

Staffordshire

ST4 7PX

Tel: 01782 554669

Fax: 01782 744568

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/