I'm not sure what has gone wrong.  The offending line (213) does
checking of dimensions, matrices etc:

            if ~all(dm==odm) || ~all(M(:)==oM(:)),

Maybe the number of dimensions in your images is a bit different from
what would be expected (eg if it is a 4D file).  If this is the case,
then you could try:

            if ~all(dm(1:3)==odm) || ~all(M(:)==oM(:)),

Best regards,
-John

--
John Ashburner <[log in to unmask]>