On Jul 10 2009, Christian Küchelmann wrote:

>That would be something well worth to be placed on Bone Commons to
>provide access for everybody if Angela von den Driesch agrees.

It certainly would be useful to have all our essential field manuals
available for free download. But it is her publisher who would have to
agree, not her, as the publisher owns the copyright in the work. It might
be worth writing to them, but if the book is still in print it is very
unlikely they will give permission for its free distribution.

Academic authors should look at Creative Commons licensing, and avoid
transferring all their rights to commercial publishers as much as possible.

http://creativecommons.org/

best wishes
Stephanie Meece